Sunday, March 29, 2009

Search like a magpie, hoard like a dragon

Costume Cave sale haul:
3 pairs of colourful sandshoes
1 pair of tall purple lace up boots
1 pair of high heeled sandels
1 pair red knickerbockers
1 petticoat
1 baby pink full length jumpsuit
3 shirts - 1 stripey, 1 white and Victorian, 1 blue
1 purple jumper
1 green cardigan
1 hat I'll never wear
1 green, black and orange cocktail dress

I have been playing dress ups and wearing purple. I've never worn or liked purple before but I find myself suddenly attracted to it.
The sale was crowded and stuffy, full of clothes and people frantically flicking through the racks to get to the goodies before anyone else did. Lots of people I knew there, we had half-attentive catch ups as we hunted through the clothes. Sharon, the infamous proprietor, was almost wearing an old flannel shirt and khaki overalls, but the overalls were much too big and missing a strap - hence the 'almost'. I felt a bit greedy grabbing all 3 pairs of sandshoes - but I have been searching for a replacement for my beloved turquoise ones for several years now, so I snatched them while the going was good. Brightly coloured sandshoes are hard to find.

I'm not a consumerist I swear - but there's nothing like 15 items of clothing for $15 to make you feel satisfied inside.

1 comment:

  1. I´m jealous as all hell. Please hold on to items, if there is anything you are not wearing when I get back can I have it?

    ReplyDelete