Tuesday, March 31, 2009

You never get burnt

I had a dream that I was Audrey Tatou in Priceless, climbing an impossibly steep hill in a dark tunnel, in impossibly high heels. I reached an opening in the side of the tunnel and was enticed through.
I was in a wide valley lit by late afternoon's golden light, covered in green pastures and dotted with the occasional animal. The only sign of human habitation was the shed through which I had apparently just come. Some pigs were nearby grazing. A girl was sitting on a fence and she said to me,
"You know, it's always sunny here but you never get burnt. I've been here for five years and I haven't got sunburnt once! Weird, eh."
I considered for a moment that I may have actually died and gone to heaven.
A passing hippy in an old station wagon drifted by, playing music on a zither, and the pigs, the girl, the hippy and I sang a strange and beautiful song. By the time the song was finished the valley was gone, the world was ordinary and I was embarrassed because I had just been singing to a couple of pigs, whom I now had to dice up and put in a bowl.

I woke up an hour earlier than normal, longing for that perfect valley, walked the dog, and posted this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment